1.04.2009

Just this one last thing, then I'll quit talking about my dog.

















"History:
The Dachshund was developed in Germany over a period of several hundred years for the primary purpose of hunting badgers. The dogs were specifically bred for the strength and tenacity to handle a badger and the body style to "go to ground" (burrow down a badger hole) after his prey.

A more humorous carryover of the Dachshund's burrowing... he is often found 'burrowed' under a favorite sweater laid carelessly on a chair, an heirloom quilt or his own blanket." http://dachshund-rescue.org/dachinfo

The other night, there were no blankets on the couch, just my sweatshirt. I saw Blossom pawing at it so that she could get underneath it and didn't think much of it, as she always does that. However, when I called her and she lifted her head, I saw that she had burrowed herself into the sleeve.


































C'mon. That is funny, no?

3 comments:

M--- said...

Pretty darn, I'd say!

Anonymous said...

Freaking hilarious - for reals!

sarahsmile3 said...

That is the funniest thing ever! I love Blossom!