1.22.2009

the Brave choice

I'm not really a political person. I have my beliefs that I hold to, but I don't talk a lot of politics and I've certainly never been an advocate for anything. But I will say this: I know a thing or two about abortion - what it can do to the mother, what it can do to the father, and what it does to the baby. (duh) I've been close to more than one person who didn't know what to do. I'm not naive, and if you ever really want to discuss it, I'll be more than happy to. (Well, maybe after a glass of wine.)

But this post in particular is to show my admiration and appreciation for my sister. She made a "choice" that most people aren't brave enough to make, and it has made the world a more beautiful place. Her choice has a different last name than her, and he lives in Ohio, but he has the same curls in his hair and sparkle in his eye.

This was her choice:

































































And these are his parents:















And that, my friends, is one of the most compelling reasons to be an advocate. http://www.fightfoca.com/

5 comments:

sarahsmile3 said...

He is so adorable! This post gave me goose bumps.
Powerful stuff.
:)

Joseph said...

Great post, Aunt CBTB.

Amanda said...

He's precious. Eloquently put.

M--- said...

I chose life, too. And that life has been the biggest blessing in mine.

If only people REALLY understood what FOCA means...

Jessica said...

Aw, I hadn't seen this!
You're precious.
Ugh, I'm tearing up. I hope the post I read next is a funny one. ;)