1.25.2009

I'm a Panther

Grad school officially starts tomorrow. I win the award for seeking the degree with the longest name ever: Online Master's of Science in Administrative Leadership (Concentration in Adult & Continuing Education Leadership): Focus on Human Resource and Workforce Development. Since I teach classes at night, I had to find an online program and will be "attending" the University of Wisconsin at Milwaukee.

Of course, being the brown-noser student that I am, I've already completed my "orientation week" assignments - well, everything except the reading assignments SINCE MY BOOKS HAVE NOT ARRIVED YET. Lesson learned - I will order them all straight from Amazon next time instead of a third-party vendor.

I'm taking 6 hours this semester: Seminar in Human Resource Development and Using Technology With Adult Learners. And

I.

AM.

TERRIFIED!

I know once I get back in the swing of being a student it will be fine, but I think getting started is going to be tough. I've decided that I will - at a minimum- work on school work until 6pm every night after work and for 2 solid hours on the weekends. We'll see.

Anyway, I'm glad that I'm finally starting this chapter - I've wanted to get my Master's for awhile. Wish me luck!

4 comments:

sarahsmile3 said...

Good luck! Think of the party we will have when you graduate!

M--- said...

Did someone say "party"????

Um, I mean...GOOD LUCK!

Anonymous said...

Good Luck Rachel - perhaps we'll finish around the same time, LOL.

Amanda said...

You'll be a perfect student. I can't wait to hear how great everything is going!