9.25.2013

the road goes on forever

Wednesday, September 25: Write about a time you screwed up - a mistake you made. 



 One fall semester, I had a technical writing course.  It was sooooo easy that I seriously did not lift a finger that whole class.  I knew that as long as I showed up for the final exam and basically wrote my name I would get an A.

Robert Earl Keen was playing at "Roadhouse Rubys" (I think?) If you went to a Texas university and had any friends in any sort of fraternity or sorority, you loved Robert Earl Keen.  And Pat Green, Cory Morrow, Jack Ingram, Cross-Canadian Ragweed, the Great Divide, etc.  To this day, if I am in a bad mood, I will put some Pat Green on and sing along to the top of my lungs.  Anyway - I went to the REK concert and had waaaaay too much fun.  I was over-served. ;)

I'm sure I set my alarm, but I did NOT wake up in time for my final exam.  I may have been doing well in the class, but a zero would have fixed that....


Fortunately, I had chatted with a girl all semester and made a friend.  She finished her exam pretty quickly and as soon as she left the room, she called me.  (on my home phone - ha!) I guess I had gotten enough sleep at that point and managed to hear it ring.  She was all, "Um - are you going to come take your test?"  I probably mumbled "Oh my gosh, thank you!" and hung up on her.  I don't know if I even brushed my teeth, but I made it to my exam - over an hour late.  The professor let me take it (thank you!) and all ended well.

Moral of the story - don't be a fool and go out partying the night before finals.  But if you do, make sure you have some friends in the class.


2 comments:

Jessica said...

Hahaha! Sounds a BIT like my Astronomy class. UGH why are we so SMART?!

Amy said...

Well, I'm quite sure REK was totally worth it. Comin' Home is what's rolling through my mind lately...