9.04.2013

take 3





Wednesday, September 4: If you could take three months off from your current life and do anything in the world, what would you do? (bonus points for fun photos from Pinterest, but don't forget to cite the source!)

I have a pretty sweet life.  Not gonna lie.  So I don't know that I would actually 3 months off.  But if I did, I would hope that I would do something life-altering.  I'm thinking it would be good for me to go to Africa or India or somewhere that made me really understand how to prioritize things.  We assume that we are so much better off than these people who live in extreme poverty - but I already know that I could learn so much from them.  This makes me think.... what would I do if I wasn't afraid?

Aside from that, I wouldn't mind spending 3 months in the Cinque Terre.  


Photo props to:   http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/travel/cinque-terre-part-2.html

I got to visit one of them in 2007 but I would love to go up and down and stay in each of them.  I would love to absorb the locals  and stumble through conversations with my rudimentary Spanish.  I would take part in afternoon naps and giant dinners accompanied by wine.  (You may be asking if I could spend 3 months walking around, gazing at the ocean, napping and drinking wine.... to this I say YES.  Yes, I could.)

5 comments:

sarahsmile3 said...

That is just beautiful! Can I add it to my list? I'm already going to Italy on my pretend 3 month vacation, though it is the Tuscany region.

The JP Behnkes said...

Oh I forgot about this challenge. I'll be joining up, but a few days late. How fun!

Miss Bee said...

Sarah, this is where I picked up your leather cuff bracelet!

Mel, there are no rules - start whenever you can!

Jessica said...

Omg, I didn't even know that existed. Can I go? I mean, a 3 month sisters trip is long past due, right?

Pat said...

I've never heard of it, but just looked it up. So quaint, colorful, lovely....sounds like a good location to kick back, read, hike, and enjoy.