9.10.2013

lollipop moments

Tuesday, September 10: Describe a distinct moment when your life took a turn.


I don't know why, but I'm drawing a blank on this one.  I was having a conversation with Sarah and her husband about "lollipop moments" (watch the TED talk for more info - it basically means a moment where someone said something or did something that you feel fundamentally made your life better) and I drew the same blank.  I couldn't think of a lollipop moment.  In fact, I've been thinking a lot about this whole idea of SPECIFIC MOMENTS in my life and it bothers me that it is so hard for me to pinpoint them.


So today will be the day when my life will take a turn - I am going to be more deliberate to document and honor the people, places, ideas and moments that affect my life.

I might be ordinary, but even ordinary has a history worth remembering.

4 comments:

The JP Behnkes said...

I feel the same way! Aside from wedding, pregnancy discoveries, or births, I can't think of anything that made me turn my life around!

And as much as you think you're ordinary, I think you're not! You deserve to credit yourself with much more! BUT, from one ordinary gal to another (or perhaps one forgetful gal to another?), your life is worth documenting!

sarahsmile3 said...

Ordinary my ass.
You are spectacular! Always have been. I brag about you all the time!

I know you were not fishing for those compliments, but I had to tell you anyway.

(I just realized that one of my turning points was reuniting with you and Margaret that night at the little cafe in our neighborhood. Awesome.)

Jessica said...

Love this. And love the picture of the lollipop. :)

Miss Bee said...

Sarah, you're right! Cafe Java, turning point!