warning: I'm talking about my bloody vomit

Just a quick recap of my wisdom teeth extraction:

Arrived at the oral surgeon at 8:30, I was in the chair at 8:45. They put an IV in and obviously it was the sedation anesthesia, because that is the last thing I remember. (thank goodness)

I woke up feeling fuzzy and nauseous. They brought Larry back to me and I told him I thought I was going to be sick. He went to find a nurse since the doctor was already doing another surgery. She brought me a little bucket, and on the way out of the building, I vomited. Lots of blood. Yuck.

It did not get much better from there. The anesthesia did not agree with me. Larry called the doctor and the doctor said, "no more monkeys jumping on the bed" "I will call in some anti-nausea medicine." (Actually, they said, "well, she might be spitting some blood. That is normal." He told them, "she is not spitting blood. She is vomiting. Like (insert retching sound effect.)" That did the trick and fortunately the medicine worked.

I got home and looked like this:

I have chubby cheeks all the time, but they were reeeeealllly chubby after the surgery. I was swollen like a chipmunk.

I ate broth, applesauce, cottage cheese, yogurt, pudding, and jello for about 4 days straight. I finally graduated to mashed potatoes and macaroni and cheese. I am on day 11 and still chewing only with my front teeth and using the warm salt water rinse just because I'm paranoid.

A few days in, the small bruise turned into a ginormous, disgusting, spreading mess all over my right cheek and neck. A few sympathy photos:

Today is day 11 and I still have bruises - they spread all the way down my neck:

Larry took very good care of me and I appreciate it. You don't realize how much you use a straw until you aren't supposed to use one. He had to yank it out of my glass on several occasions.

I guess I should have listened to the dentist 13 years and gotten them out when I was young and could have bounced back faster. Oh well. They're gone now!!!


sarahsmile3 said...

Best. Blogpost. Ever.

I can't stop staring at your swollen face photos!

I'm so glad you are feeling better. Poor Bee!

Knitrageous said...

My goodness girl! You did do a job! I got mine out years ago. Had stitches all the way to the front bottom teeth on one side.

I woke up demanding my teeth. My mom was trying to shush me but I wasn't leaving without them. They gave me a pill bottle with some teeth in it. Whether they were mine or not I have no idea! It appeased me an we could leave though! ha ha

sarahsmile3 said...

Haha! Knit's comment is hilarious!

Cheeseboy said...

Man, I have NEVER seen anyone get so beat up for wisdom teeth. Insane! Are you sure the dentist wasn't slapping you around while you were out.

M--- said...

Wow! I am so glad I got mine done when I was young. In fact, I distinctly remember getting them out early in the morning and going to a party THAT night. (I want to say the Cochran's Anniversary Party at SJN Gym for some reason...)
J was a little mad at me for making him get his out during Christmas Break, RIGHT before he went back to school...but I might show him your photos to make him feel better. Yowza! Those bruises are righteous!
So glad this is all behind you now!!