1. I'm in an organizational mood. I tackled the closet on Saturday. Next is either the front hall closet or the laundry room.... not sure which I'm brave enough to start yet.
2. I somehow volunteered to be the sole hostess for a co-worker's baby shower. (As in, I willingly said, "Would you like me to throw you a shower?") Since there are quite a few people coming and the cake is going to be slightly more $$$ than I thought it was going to be, I'm thinking about making cds as the favor. Is that lame? Sample baby girl playlist: (put your taste in music aside.... this is for women aged 16 to 80 and the mother primarily listens to country)
1. Daughters – John Mayer
2. Sweet Child of Mine – GNR
3. Isn’t she lovely – Stevie Wonder
4. This One’s For the Girls - Martina McBride
5. Tiny Dancer – Elton John
6. Baby Love – Supremes
7. Forever Young – Alphaville
8. I hope you dance - Leann Womack
9. Wild World – Cat Stevens
10. Always be my Baby – Mariah Carey
11. My Wish – Rascal Flatts
12. My Girl – The Temptations
13. My Little Girl – Tim McGraw
14. You are so Beautiful – Joe Cocker
15. Godspeed (Sweet Dreams) – Dixie Chicks
Other ideas for songs? I was going to title it "Keep Calm and Rock on" with a rocking horse. I kind of stole that from a picture I saw on flickr:
(And if I was decorating a nursery, I would totally buy this on canvas and put it up.)
If this is super lame, please help me think of an inexpensive favor for 40+ people. If it is just sorta lame, then I'll probably go with it - seeing as how the shower is on Sunday and I really need to get things prepared.
3. I saw an ex-boyfriend comment to somebody on facebook: "Your to sweet." I could live with "Your too sweet." or even better, "You're to sweet." But to mess them both up? Ugh. (Emphasis on the "ex.")
4. Squirrels destroyed $80 worth of chaise lounge cushions last week and recently started chewing on my outdoor tablecloths. I swear they are just doing it to mess with me. One looked at me the other day and hissed - no lie. I will show them. Not sure how yet, but I will.