This is supposed to be "Ten Things on Tuesday," but I only did 9 and it is Friday, so whatever.
1. When you were a senior in high school, what career did you think you’d choose? Did you? Why or why not?
I got my first “real” job during spring break of my senior year, waitressing at Chelsea Street Pub and Grill in the mall. (Friday and Saturday nights and Sunday days) Seeing as how I loved it and made great friends and found a boyfriend, I decided that I wanted to go into the service industry and majored in Restaurant/Hotel Management. After a year I realized that while I loved being a cocktail waitress to pay my way through college, I did not want to do it for the rest of my life. Therefore I went back to “Plan A” and got my teaching certificate.
2. What one thing about the “real world” did you find most surprising once you were on your own?
Money does not, in fact, grow on trees and dishes do not do themselves.
3. Name 3 things you think your closest friends DON’T like about you.
I hate talking on the phone, I like to use coupons everywhere I go and I talk an awful lot about my dog.
4. In order to sleep, do you need background noise or absolute quiet?
I prefer background noise. Like a fan. Or the ocean.
5. Why do you choose to reside in your current city?
Well, aside from my job and my Larry being here, I just really like it. I’m happy that I ended up here. But then again, I just like to be happy and I’m sure I could be happy even in Portales NM or something.
6. Are you close to your parents?
I would say that I get closer to them every year. Growing older has made me realize how blessed I am and I don’t want to take any time for granted.
7. What is your favorite fiction book? Poem? Blog?
Sometimes I feel like this question is just included in surveys so that whoever wrote the survey can feel all cultured and fancy and give answers like “I don’t read fiction books.” Well, guess what? I’m not that kind of person. I judge my favorite books based on how many times I can read it over and over again at the swimming pool. Therefore, my favorite piece of fiction would have to be either Bitter is the New Black or Good in Bed. My favorite poem is not EE Cummings or Shakespeare, it is probably “Love” by Roy Croft. Finally, I can’t say that I have a favorite blog at the moment. I mostly just skim. Stupid grad school.
8. Do you enjoy cooking or is it a chore?
I enjoy it but only when I really have time for it. When I feel rushed, it feels more like a chore. Same with baking.
9. Be honest. What one thing would (the majority of) your blog readers be shocked to find out about you?
I’ve never seen an episode of Jersey Shore.