10.03.2010

themed

I am really into "theme" gifts. When I'm a part of a gift exchange at Christmas, (like when you have to draw somebody's name) I like to put a bunch of assorted items together. For example:
- colander with pasta utensil, pasta sauce and pasta
- porcelain planter with garden gloves and little garden rake
- patio table tray with outdoor napkins, tablecloth and citronella candle
- ice bucket with small bottle of liquor and swizzle sticks
- basket with notecards, colored pens and stamps

You get the idea.

Well, imagine my surprise and delight when I got a birthday gift from Sarah. I really don't need presents - nobody really does, right? - but they sure are fun to get. Especially when they have a theme! The theme of this gift was "I didn't intentionally wait to buy your birthday present, but it is convenient that I did because since it is Breast Cancer Awareness month, I was able to get you lots of pink things that contributed to a good cause." This is a wonderful theme because:

a.) There are several lovely ladies in my life who have survived breast cancer (mom and Amy to name the ones closest to me)
b.) I like pink.
c.) Just wait until you see what it included.

First, it came in a pink reusable grocery bag. I love these bags. All of the items inside were wrapped in different shades of pink tissue paper:
- pink plastic tumblers
- pink koozies with the "We Can Do It" lady saying "We Can Cure It"
- t-shirt with pink ribbons on a tree
- Ghiradelli almond chocolate bar (in a pink box)
- Rubbermaid takalongs with pink lids
- pink Sharpies
- Orbitz gum in a pink container
- And my personal favorite... .pink ribbon chip clips

To top it off, the birthday card had wiener dogs on it, which I'm obviously a sucker for. I not only love my gift, I love that Sarah knew I would love it. You can't get just anyone disposable tupperware and pink markers, but I'm really the type of person that squealed in excitement as I opened them. So, THANKS!

***Thank you to all of my dear friends who thought of me with thoughts, cards and gifts on my birthday. I love you all and hopefully I didn't hurt your feelings by not dedicating an entire post to you.

2 comments:

sarahsmile3 said...

Awwwwwww! You're welcome! : )

Pat said...

That Sarah--she is Miss Creativity! Wish I'd thought of that////