9.21.2009

i heart my parents

It's been awhile, I know. See, what happened was....
My camera broke. I still have to go to Walgreens and save all the pictures that were on it... I went this evening and there were 3 people in line for that little machine, so I decided to do it later. Which means you'll just have to wait. In the meantime, I had a birthday. In which Larry gave me this:
He made sure to get me a matching pink carrying case so that this camera does not meet the fate of all my previous ones. I love it. It is fancy and I haven't figured it all out yet, but I've got the basics down. So, this post is brought to you by my new camera.

My parents came into town and spent a couple days with me. Since we recently discovered that my french lineage is actually cajun, my birthday present had a cajun theme:
Jambalaya, sausage, Abita beer and a new dutch oven. The pedicure on Saturday was not cajun, but close enough. I recommend the Abita beer - it is tasty!

Larry and I took our yearly "house divided" picture....
We took my mom tailgating for her first time ever and took a family picture while the windmill was still red and black:

(Check out Blossom in the corner!) I am so blessed to have the parents I have and thankful that I enjoy spending time with them. We put the "fun" in dysfunctional. (Not really, I just wanted to throw that in there...)

8 comments:

sarahsmile3 said...

I am part Cajun-French as well! Did you know that? We need to go to New Orleans together.
I also heart your parents.

sarahsmile3 said...

Very awesome b-day present, btw. Good Job Lar-dog!

M--- said...

Did someone say New Orleans? I am so there...I heart N'Awlins. And I heart your parents. And I heart your new camera...it's the same one we gave Joshua for graduation. And I heart chicken and dumplings. Sorry...I was getting carried away there.

Miss Bee said...

M - Did Joshua get the "plum" color as well? =)

larry said...

Thanks S3. Did anyone notice that Blossom is already painted burnt orange?

Leroy Behnke said...

Forget New Orleans. It's nuthin' but phoney baloney stewed in vulgar banality. Yech! Go, instead, to St. Martinville on the Bayou Teche. That's the birthplace of Cajun culture.

Laissez les bon temps roulez... But depend on yourselves and the people you love, not on some cheap, sleazy, commercialized imitation. You have all the magic you need.

Parenting is a cinch when one parents the likes of you, my Jolie Blon! Thank you. May God bless you... real good!

M--- said...

We got J the ultra-sleek spies'-favorite-color...BLACK. LOL

M--- said...

Oh, and seriously? After hearing your Papa go all cajun, I am so in the mood to head out for some zydeco-and-hurricanes stompin' good fun!