9.04.2009

help needed

We are less than a month away from the Austin City Limits Music Festival. The city has spent about 2.5 million dollars planting new grass:
If they hadn't done this, it is likely that we would have to walk around like they did a few years ago:
(Although, being from West Texas, I could handle it. I'd gripe about it, but I could handle it.)

3-day pass: check
Friend with apartment downtown where we can go rest/swim/sleep if we want: check
Shows picked out: NO. This is where I need your help.

FRIDAY
Maybes:
  • The Knux

Definitelys:
  • Dr. Dog
  • John Legend OR Thievery Corporation?
  • TOUGH CALL: Yeah Yeah Yeahs OR Kings of Leon?
SATURDAY:
Maybes:
  • The Virgins
  • The Raveonettes

Definitelys:
  • Citizen Cope
  • The Zac Brown Band
  • Dave Mathews Band

SUNDAY:
Probablys:
  • The B-52's
  • Brett Dennen (or The Toadies? Are they any good anymore?)

Definitelys:
  • The Resonate Band (at church that morning, duh.)
  • TOUGH CALL: Ben Harper or Dead Weather? (should you ever pass up a chance to see Jack White, even if it means you get to see Ben Harper?)
  • Dan Auerbach
  • Pearl Jam (yes, I know there will be a zillion people, I don't care if I'm in the back)
So, my question to you is - am I leaving anyone out that I should definitely see? I don't want to pick TOO many shows because I know I'll have to "camp" at some of them to get a good spot. Decisions, decisions.

2 comments:

sarahsmile3 said...

I would see Dead Weather over Ben but that's only because I love me some Jack and could care less about Mr. Harper. You should go to the ones that are going to provide you with the most fun. I am so glad you are going to see Dr. Dog! You need to borrow my CD so you can be familiar with the songs.

Anonymous said...

Hopefully we'll run into each other there :-)

Colin is the cruise director for the weekend. He knows my requests and other than that I just do what he tells me to do.

If the weather is anything like it's been this week (mid 90s) I'll be in heaven!