3.21.2013

bulletins

As I mentioned, last week was SXSW. I didn't buy a wristband, but toyed with going to a few free shows. One of these shows was Justin Timberlake. I don't even care what you say... He would be great to see live. In order to RSVP for this show, you had to get on MySpace.

I could not remember my log-in. After 4 attempts, I finally logged in..... And it told me that my "classic" MySpace account was not good enough. I had to creat a NEW myspace account. (Lowercase "s".) In all honesty, the new myspace does look pretty cool and is probably a very good way to follow artists. But I was straight up confused. I felt 100 years old. (Or maybe I just felt like a 35 year old PC user on a Mac, but that is basically the same thing, right?)

I got kind of angry, because I couldn't find my blog entries. Before I had an actual blog, I used the MySpace blog. And, well.... That was when I was young and fun and single and there are a lot of memories documented there! (I mean, I went on a date with a guy I met online who was a doctor and a pilot and he flew me to an airport cafe where I saw Lance Armstrong. That is a fun memory!) I kept clicking around and finally found them. (But I was on the iPad and it looked weird.... And all my comments were gone. I need to look at it from a regular computer.) One of the things I loved about MySpace was the bulletins. Do you remember those? They were like surveys or quizzes or awesomeness? Well, I found one from 2006 and I'm going to update it. So if you hated bulletins, now would be a good time to close this blog entry.  It's a long one.


favorite 5 letter word?


  • Poster: Miss Bee

  • Mood: sleepy
  • Category: None
I think I might have already done this one, but oh well.
Basics
:x: name: Rachel
:x: height: 5'6"
:x: shoe size: 9 1/2

:x: hair color: chemically enhanced blonde
:x: siblings: 3 brothers and 1 sister
:x: eyes: brown
:x: college: Texas Tech [UPDATE:  and University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee]
:x: jr.high: Shallowater
:x: elementary: St. John Neumann
:x: hometown: Lubbock/Shallowater
:x: favorite place:  next to people I love
:x: favorite soda: diet cherry coke [UPDATE:  regular diet coke]

:x: game system: Ms.PacMan is the only game I like to play
:x: favorite food: chinese, tex-mex
:x: favorite pen: free blue one from a convention [UPDATE:  purple ink]
:x: favorite car: one with someone else driving it
:x: favorite animal: dogs or baby white seals
:x: brand of water:  I guess Ozarka [UPDATE: Cascade Ice, coconut flavor]
:x: favorite burger place: Fuddruckers [UPDATE: I seriously said Fuddruckers?  I must have not eaten burgers very often.  Now I would say hopdoddy's or Your Mom's]
:x: favorite hobby: reading
:x: bar or club: Bar... where I can hear my friends talk
:x: favorite show: Grey's Anatomy [UPDATE: awwwww..... I miss the days when I loved Grey's.  Favorite show now is Person of Interest or Good Wife.]
:x: favorite news: none [UPDATE:  Judy Maggio and Ron Olivera... whatever channel they're on.]
:x: gold or silver: silver
:x: favorite dog: my dachshund, Blossom
:x: cell phone co.: cingular [UPDATE:  AT&T... I guess they purchased cingular]
:x: favorite shirt: comfy fitted gray tee [UPDATE:  still a comfy gray tee, but it is the one I got at the Railroad Revival festival with Mumford and Sons and Edward Sharpe]
:x: favorite sport: ncaa football
:x: favorite alcohol: bacardi and diet [UPDATE:  funny. Lots of memories involving rum and diet coke.  Now it is red wine.]
:x: favorite computer: i guess mine
:x: favorite fruit:  grapes [UPDATE:  fresh pineapple]
:x: favorite song right now: too many... [UPDATE:  I really wish I would have been more specific in 2006.  I'm curious what they were.  So for now I'll say "Flowers in Your Hair" (The Lumineers), "Put the Gun Down" (ZZ Ward) and "That Wasn't Me" (Brandi Carlisle.)  I have to admit I also love every single new song that Pink has come out with.]
:x: ketchup or salsa: BBQ sauce
:x: favorite milkshake: chocolate [UPDATE:  the one that brings all the boys to the yard]
:x: steak or lobster: Steak
:x: favorite color: pink or turquoise to look at, black to wear
:x: favorite state: Texas
:x: favorite color flower: BRIGHT!

you
:x: wish you could live somewhere else: i'm content for now
:x: think about suicide:  never, thank god
:x: believe in online dating: been there, done that
:x: think others find you attractive: that's what they say [UPDATE:  ah, to be 28 again....]
:x: want more piercings: no
:x: like cleaning: only when i'm in the mood (which is rarely)
:x: like roller coasters: yes
:x: write in cursive or print: print, but it is kind of a combination
:x: last talked to: Amy - we discussed Nascar. [UPDATE:  Larry. We both picked Missouri in our March Madness bracket and they're losing.]
:x: last thought of: how nice it was to spend the whole day with the boy [UPDATE:  should I pour another glass of wine? Tomorrow is Friday....]
:x: last showered: last night before going over to the boys house [UPDATE:  this morning.  And dear lord, was I really that obnoxious?]
:x: last cut your nails: the lady at the nail shop cut them last weekend [UPDATE:  toes were done last week, nails don't really get cut - just filed.]
:x: last did laundry: couple days ago [UPDATE:  Larry does most of the laundry.]
:x: last hugged a tree: um...never? [UPDATE:  yesterday.  We are forced to hug trees now that plastic bags are outlawed in Austin.]

:x: last watched anime: never [UPDATE:  still never.]


for or against
:x: long distant relationships: Impartial - been there, done that, they are a huge investment and commitment and rarely pan out [UPDATE:  I'm going to stick with "against." What a waste of time.]
:x: teenage smoking: against - dummies
:x: driving drunk: against, of course.  wish cabs were cheaper
:x: gay/lesbian relationships:  whatever
:x: soap operas: against [UPDATE:  Unless you count "Downton Abbey" as a soap opera.]

have you
:x: ever cried over a boy: probably more than you have
:x: ever been in a fist fight: No.
:x: ever been arrested: No
:x: ever had a friend die: No
:x ever dated a cousin: No.  What kind of question is that?
:x: ever used a gun: Yes - at a Hunter Safety Education Course
:x: ever finished a puzzle: yes
:x: ever got surgery: yes - tonsils out [UPDATE:  and a bunion surgery!]
:x: ever got beat up: No
:x: ever hated someone: Strongly disliked.
:x: ever made a huge mistake: Haven't we all?  Can't dwell on them though.
:x: ever jogged a mile: Yes
:x: ever played w/ someones feelings: Not intentionally.  "oops i did it again, i played with your heart, got lost in the game..."
:x: ever had feelings for someone young: No
:x: shoes do you wear: whatever matches and looks cute
:x: are you scared of: life is too short to be scared, but i really hate possums [UPDATE:  losing people I love, cancer, debt. not living up to my potential and/or purpose.  Kind of makes me wish for the days I hated possums!]
:x: do you sleep in: pajama pants/shorts and a tshirt/ tank top
:x: did you eat for lunch: chinese food [UPDATE:  leftover pasta salad:  pasta, chicken, spinach and feta with olive oil. Try it.]
:x: What is love: Check out I Corinthians [UPDATE:  Obviously you can still read I Corinthians, but you can also read my blog posts.  Love is knowing that your person will be there for you no matter what.]

number
:x: of times I have had my heart broken?: twice [UPDATE:  fortunately, heartbreak number 2 worked out okay... we got back together 7 months after this was originally posted]
:x: of hearts I have broken?: who knows.  around 3?
:x: of girls I have kissed?:  including my mom, sister and neices?
:x: of boys I have kissed?:  who knows.  lots.
:x: of guys you've rejected?: i don't like to think of it as rejecting them.  I just say we weren't a good match
:x: of accidents you been in: 1 when I was young
:x: of people you lead on?: ouch.  currently there might be one. [UPDATE:  Who?!?!  Why didn't I provide more details? Now I can't even remember.  Oh wait.  I bet it was Tom.  (I think that was his name.)  Currently am leading zero people on.]

do you think you are
:x: pretty: I have my moments.  I am closer to "cute" [UPDATE:  My self-esteem used to be way better.]
:x: funny: I like to think so
:x: hot: I am confident, which I hear comes across as sexy
:x: friendly: Yes.  I try to make everyone comfortable
:x: ugly: ugh...everyone has those days
:x: loveable:  very
:x: caring: sometimes too much
:x: dorky: most of the time
:x: cocky: after a few drinks
:x: girly: Yes - very
:x: boyish: not at all
:x: smart: I'm smarter than I sound.
:x: pimp: not really
:x: angel: nope
:x: gangster: hell ya, you better recognize
:x: god: UH - no.

favorite
:x: five letter word: truth
:x: comedian: I don't know
:x: candy: Kit-Kat or Almond Joy [UPDATE:  dark chocolate with sea salt]
:x: cartoon: Disney? [UPDATE:  Finding Nemo is pretty stinking cute.]
:x: cereal: Life [UPDATE:  cinnamon Life]
:x: chewing gum: sugar-free vanilla mint [UPDATE:  whatever is in my purse]
:x: day of week: saturday
:x: least fave day: monday
:x: jello flavor: jello shots [UPDATE:  those orange slice jello shots were pretty awesome.]
:x: summer/winter: summer
:x: trampolines or swimming pools: pool
:x: flower: gerber daisy
:x: perfume: angel [UPDATE:  I've strayed from Angel but it is still my favorite.  I think I'll go back.]
:x: restaurant:  Taco Villa :) [UPDATE:  I think I'll go with Roaring Fork.  But I'll never turn down a burrito from Taco Villa.]

last person that...
:x: slept in your bed: Me

:x: saw you cry: Jessica and Sarah  [UPDATE:  probably Larry.]
:x: made you cry: Jessica [UPDATE:  probably Larry]
:x: went to the movies with you: went by myself for the first time yesterday [UPDATE:  Sarah? I think the last movie I saw was Les Miserables and I went with her.]
:x: yelled at you: I have no idea.  Unless a friend yelling at me from across the bar counts
:x: sent you an email: SPAM [UPDATE:  an intern, asking when he could take his teacher certification exam again.]

have you ever
:x: said "i love you" and meant it?: yes
:x: gone out in public in your pajamas?: maybe once or twice.
:x: kept a secret from everyone?: yes
:x: cried during a movie?: ALWAYS
:x: ever at anytime owned new kids on the block?: um, of course!
:x: planned your week based on the TV Guide?: no.  okay, maybe.
:x: been on stage?: yes
:x: apples or bananas?: apples [UPDATE:  bananas.  They go better in smoothies.]
:x: blue or red?: red
:x: walmart or target?: Target
:x: spring or fall?: Spring, because Summer comes after that
:x: what are you gonna do after you finish this?: watch TV [UPDATE:  go to bed!]
:x: what was the last meal you ate?: beef and broccoli [UPDATE:  fajitas]
:x: are you bored?: Only boring people get bored.
:x: last noise you heard?: tv
:x: last smell you sniffed?:  the boy I hugged [UPDATE: oh my gosh, yes.  I was really that obnoxious.]


friendship/love
:x: do you believe in love at first sight?: maybe
:x: do you want children one day & if so, how many?: don't know [UPDATE:  starting to think yes, now that I don't know if I'll have a chance!]
:x: most important thing to you in a friendship is?:  feeling at home when I'm with them, never having to worry about if I'm doing or saying the right thing


random stuff
:x: criminal record?: nope
:x: do you speak any other languages? tiny bit of spanish.
:x: name some of your favorite things in your bedroom?  pictures and the metal thing hanging above my bed [UPDATE: the decorative plates from my mom, my scentsy, my sound machine.]
:x: piercings and where?:  ears
:x: who do you love: Family, friends, the creator of lipgloss
:x: nickname(s): Rach, Teach
:x: initials: rhb
:x: how old do you look?: I still get carded, but at least 25 [UPDATE:  ha!  I certainly do not look 25 anymore.]

:x: how old do you act?: Depends on who I'm with
:x: glasses/contacts?: glasses for driving, need new ones [UPDATE:  just my OrthoK contact at night!]
:x: braces: yup.  on my teeth AND for my back!
:x: what upsets you?: being lied to, idiot drivers, lowlife parents, apathetic kids


Congrats if you made it this far.  You were obviously a person with a similar love for the bulletins.

2 comments:

sarahsmile3 said...

I loved those surveys! I loved re-reading this one with your updates. Ok, now I am going to try to find mine because I know I did that exact same one (copied and pasted from your Myspace no doubt),

As much as you wanted to see JT I would have wanted to see Prince. So odd not going to SXSW this year. : (

The JP Behnkes said...

Loved this. And yep, I loved those surveys!