5.19.2011

victor's

We are in Milwaukee!* It is like 60 degrees and perfect. We did the usual - checked into the hotel and then immediately found a little corner market so we could purchase our happy hour sundries for the week. (We like to save money by having wine, cheese, crackers, etc. every evening on vacation so that we don't have to spend lots on dinner.) And - WOW! They weren't kidding when they said there was a lot of cheese! We got some goat milk cheese, some 1 year old aged cheddar, some Wisconsin muenster and a smoked provolone. So far, they are all delicious.

The hotel I chose is an old one - it is in the National Registry of old buildings or whatever. I wanted something with character and this definitely fits the bill. Maybe I'll do a different post on the differences between modern hotels vs. hotels with "character." But anyway, turns out that the hotel is actually on my campus! There are dorms next door to us! Pretty fitting for my graduation weekend, don't you think?

Larry wanted to watch a little bit of the basketball game, which is why I have time to write this ditty. But I am so excited to go to the bar that is 2 blocks from us... Victor's. You know why? BECAUSE IT IS COLLEGE NIGHT! We missed the complimentary buffet, but you better believe we are going to get some $2 miller lite and free pizza after 10! I am a college student here for 3 more days, so I'm gonna milk it for all it's worth.


That's all for now.

* I shouldn't broadcast to the entire universe that we are out of town, but we live next to a Colonel in the United States Marine Corp and I have no doubt that he WILL shoot you first and ask questions later. Plus, we don't have anything to steal - so don't get any ideas.

4 comments:

The JP Behnkes said...

Yay!!

With Fr. James as our neighbor, I think to myself, "maybe I SHOULD broadcast when we've leaving town. He'd take care of a few bad guys in this world!"

sarahsmile3 said...

My dog Charlie attacks first and asks questions NEVER!

Pretty cool you are attending college night! Don't do any $3.00 "Bombs." I just don't think that would be a good idea.....unless you want to throw-up in the car the next day.

Cheeseboy said...

Cheeseboy approves of the town of Cheese.

And don't worry, we bloggers have a pact to protect each others homes while they are out of town.

larry said...

Best part of the trip 2 dollar beers and a FREE big pizza! Oh and Col didn't kill anyone, that was good.