7.30.2010

HEEEYYYYY YOOOOUUUUU GUUUUYYYYYYS!

I was gearing up to do "Fill in the Blank Friday" but the questions didn't motivate me, so I was going to skip it. But then I say that one of the participants had a blog named "You're the Charlie Browniest" which I really liked, so I clicked on it, and ended up at her "10 on Tuesday" or something like that. So here it is.

1. Think back a decade, do you remember what your first cellphone was?

I have to think further back then a decade... my first cellphone was a bag cellphone that plugged into the cigarette lighter.
I think it cost like $1.50 a minute and it was ONLY for emergencies. I want to say that my parents bought it because I worked late nights at the bar when I was a senior in high school, but maybe it wasn't all about me. Don't really remember.

2. What is the first children’s book you remember being read to you?
I don't remember what was read to me, but I do remember "reading" Richard Scarry when I was about 2 years old. Actually, I don't remember it, but I have a picture of myself with a Richard Scarry book in my baby book, so that's what I'm going with. I remember something about a school bus in that book.
I was also fond on Shel Silverstein's "The Giving Tree." Still am. If you've never read it, order it tonight. And read it to your children. It is so good.
3. What was your first car? Did you love it or hate it?
My first car was a 1989 Eagle Summit and I loved that I had my own car. It didn't have a working speedometer, but it got me where I needed to go.

4. Who was your hero growing up?
This is going to sound horrible, but I've never been able to answer this question. Aside from my parents, I've never really looked up to someone and wanted to be them. Although I really liked the "Price is Right" girl named Holly.
I liked her so much that my pretend teacher name was "Holly Cotton." My little sister was my student and she had to call me "Miss Cotton."

5. Think back to your first kiss. Was it everything you dreamed of?
I don't know that I ever dreamed about my first kiss, but yes - it was very nice. Parents - beware of church camp. That's all I'm saying.

6. What was your first BAD hairstyle choice? (Extra points for embarrassing photos)
Probably dying it myself for several years. It always turned kind of an orangey color. And of course I tried the "Rachel" haircut, which didn't work for several reasons - aside from not having the same type of hair, I also didn't have the patience to blowdry all those dang layers.

7. What was your first realistic dream? (One where you had to think “Oh dang, was that a dream?”)
I really don't remember my dreams. Although last night I remember dreaming that my purse was stolen and my diamond earrings were in my wallet so I lost them. I interpret that to mean that it is time for me to buy a new purse.

8. What was the first phobia you remember developing?
Hmmmm. The fear of my alarm clock not being correctly set. At one point (before the days of cell phone alarms), I would check the alarm clock 5 or 6 times before I could fall asleep.

9. Which character on Sesame Street do you most identify with?
I don't think I ever identified with a character (well, maybe the Cookie Monster for obvious reasons) but I did love that one segment - "One of these things is not like the other......" (And I loved "The Electric Company" - does anyone else remember that? HEEEYYYYY YOOOOUUUUU GUUUUYYYYYYS!)

10. What was the hardest goal you ever accomplished?
I'm still working on that. College and grad school would be the easy answers, but I don't really think of them as "goals" - they are more like something that I just expected of myself. I think my over-arching goal is to be the best Rachel that I can be, and it is a work in progress.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Regarding no. 7: It might mean you should buy some more diamond earrings...hey, why not? You don't have a car payment anymore. :)

sarahsmile3 said...

Do you remember 3-2-1 contact? I have a memory of sitting on your parents bed, with you and your siblings, while watching 3-2-1 Contact. Ah, The Bloodhound Gang was awesome!

Pat said...

I think the phone was really for you...don't remember using it much! It sure was big!

Second, I didn't know that's why you chose the Holly Cotton name! That's hilarious!

Miss Bee said...

3-2-1 Contact, is the reason, is the season when everything happens, contact....let's make con-tact.... 3...2...1.....CONTACT!!! (or something like that. loved that show too.)