7.16.2010

a little late

1. A very nostalgic place that reminds me of being a kid is the Food Emporium next to St. John Neumann Catholic Church in Lubbock. You used to could buy little boxes of candy (Lemonheads and Mr. Melon) for five cents a box.

2. If someone really wants to show me how much they love me they tell me. I don't know if you've ever read the Five Love Languages...if you haven't, you should. My primary love language is Words of Affirmation: Actions don’t always speak louder than words. If this is your love language, unsolicited compliments mean the world to you. Hearing the words, “I love you,” are important–hearing the reasons behind that love sends your spirits skyward. Insults can leave you shattered and are not easily forgotten.

3. Lately I've been wondering a lot about whether or not I'll ever be a mom.

4. When it comes to saving money I am really really bad. I try really hard but am not good at it. I did good for awhile but then had to pay for grad school, so that pretty much wiped me out. Now I'm back to spending what I make. Good thing that MWG is good with the money.

5. I'd prefer Blossom over any other animal any day!

6. I wish I knew how to make anything involving a sewing machine. For somebody that was Becky Home-Ekcy in high school and then a Home Ec teacher, I sure have forgotten my way around a sewing machine.

7. I'm just waiting for May 2011. I'm really ready to be done with grad school. Let me know if you'd like to come to Milwaukee with me!

2 comments:

sarahsmile3 said...

Ah, the Food Emporium. After mass, we would all walk to this store for some treats. They also sold ice cream by the scoop. Do you remember that? I think a one scoop ice cream cone was about fiddy cents. Maybe twenny-five. Good memories.

I want to celebrate your grad school graduation! Can't wait!

M--- said...

The Food Emporium was my first "real" employer...you know, where I got PRINTED paychecks and not a handwritten one for babysitting. LOL So excited that you're almost done with grad school...wow! What an accomplishment!