4.28.2010

itchy

Weird things...

This morning, my palms were itching, so MWG said "That means you are going to get some money." I made him go check the lottery numbers, but alas - we did not win. But guess what? You know the conference I had to go to for grad school? Well, I applied for a grad school travel award and when I got home, I had an acceptance letter that said I was going to get $300! Woo-hoo! That does not even cover my airfare, but at least it helps. So my itchy palms were right.

Not too long ago, I blogged about boots that I want. Just for fun, I went to zappos.com to see if they had any deals. And they had THE EXACT PAIR that I identified as my favorites on sale for half-price! (The ones with the butterfly.) They were the ONLY pair that were on sale for half-price, so I took it as a sign and bought them. (I justified it with the idea that I will carry my old Coach purses for one more season instead of getting a new one like I really really want to do.) They arrived today. I ordered a 9.5 because that is what I wear. They fit but fit exactly.... so I'm wondering if I should exchange them for a 10? I haven't worn a pair of boots since the lime green ones I had in 7th grade, so I don't remember if they stretch? Any advice? So far, MWG says I should exchange them, because it is always better for shoes to be a little big - I could always wear big socks. (And since I've already had ONE bunion surgery, I'm inclined to agree with him.) I guess I should go down to Allen's and try on a 10.

Still procrastinating, but since a paper is due tomorrow night by midnight, I must get started.

4 comments:

sarahsmile3 said...

They do stretch out a bit but there is no harm in trying on a 10. You don't want to wear them with really thick socks in the summer cause that would just be too hot. GLAD YOU GOT THEM!

Amy said...

ooooh, pretty! Don't you just love getting a Zappos package? It's my favorite part of the week ;)

Andie Zimmerman said...

That's awesome! I am so happy for you, and those moments don't come too often. I guess if your hand starts to itch again, you now know it's time to hit Zappo's!

Jessica said...

OR you could bring your old shoes/bags/clothes to Trend Me, where they will buy your old goodies and resell them, hence making it a semi-even trade... :)