Still working up the energy to do any blog posts that require photos. Instead, I did a meme looking back at 2009. (Does anyone else miss doing the myspace bulletins?)
1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before?
Rented a convertible to drive up and down the Pacific Coast Highway with girlfriends
2. Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Don’t really make them, I am a continuous work in progress. However, I *did* want to lose at least 10 pounds, which I did NOT do. Maybe this year.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes! Sister-in-law gave me a new niece and Sister gave me a new nephew
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
Will-power and more patience.
6. What countries did you visit?
Do border towns in Mexico count?
7. What date from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why:
Hmm. Nothing really comes to mind.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Making 5 “A”s in graduate school, having a paper accepted for "publishing" and adding new distance sites at work
9. What was your biggest failure?
Being a good housekeeper
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nothing to speak of.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
15 hours of graduate school
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My sister and sister in law graduated college and brother did really well on LSAT
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Bernie Madoff needs to tell where the rest of the money is.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Aside from the obvious grad school, the waitstaff and bartenders at several North Austin establishments.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Girls weekend in Cali and vacation with Magical White Guy in Scottsdale
16. What song will always remind you of 2009?
Dollar dollar bills
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
ii. thinner or fatter? Much fatter
iii. richer or poorer? Poorer, grad school will do that to you.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Send birthday cards to everyone, calling old friends, organizing my office, and exercising
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Eating, facebooking, wasting time
20. Did you fall in love in 2009?
More and more every day. (awwww)
21. What was your favorite TV program?
Hm. Maybe the Biggest Loser when I don’t have to work on Tuesday nights.
22. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
The job market
23. What was the best book you read?
Didn’t get to do much reading for pleasure this year. But the new Jennifer Weiner and Jodi Picoult were good
24. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Guy LaMontagne and Michael Franti & Spearhead
25. What did you want and get?
26. What was your favorite film of this year?
I don’t remember seeing any movies this year.
27. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you (optional)?
I turned 32 and the Magical White Guy was out of town, so Lana had me over to her place and made me delicious lasagna
28. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
The perfect job for the Man.
29. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
Lots of cardigan twin-sets in varying shades of black, grey and white.
30. What kept you sane?
Prayer, Magical White Guy, Blossom and blogging
31. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
None that I can think of immediately. I do wish Jim Caveziel would come out of hiding though.
32. What political issue stirred you the most?
Public health care paying for abortion
33. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009:
You can do it.
34. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
All of these lines across my face
Tell you the story of who I am
So many stories of where I've been
And how I got to where I am
But these stories don't mean anything
When you've got no one to tell them to
It's true...I was made for you