2.10.2012

K

K is for keepsakes.

I was doing some pre-spring cleaning last weekend and found all sorts of treasures.  One of them was a book that my parents gave me for my 30th birthday.
 
The best part is that on every page, my mom wrote a sticky note.  Some of my favorites:

The book says, "When you were born, I thought about all the things I needed to teach you.  I didn't realize I'd learn from you every bit as much as you'd learn from me." 

Mom's sticky says "Especially how to discipline myself and your siblings."  Ha!  I was (am) the bossy one.

But my favorite sticky is this one.  The page says, "One glimpse of my daughter's funny little smile, or her sweet, crinkled nose, and my heart is filled with more love than I ever thought it could bear."

Mom's sticky says, "I especially like the shaking shoulders when laughing."  That makes me smile.  My shoulders *do* shake when I laugh really hard.  Then again, I think hers do too.  Actually, on any given day, my mom, my sister or myself could answer the phone and I'm pretty sure we all say "hello" the same way.

Another thing I found was this awesome picture of my parents. Aren't they precious? 


And my mom had some incredible hair, no?




1 comment:

sarahsmile3 said...

The book is sweet, the sticky notes are sweet, this blog post is sweet, and your mom's hair is SWEET!