1.24.2011

light blue

Heavens to betsy, it just sunk in......

In exactly 4 months, I will have a master's degree. (assuming this semester goes as planned!) I've been plugging along, 3 to 6 hours at a time, and I've finally reached my last 3 hours. That, the comps and a full-time job will keep me busy, I know. Say your prayers for Larry, as he feels the brunt of it. I tend to have a pretty short fuse and not very much patience when I'm under stress, so he gets yelled at for things like the commercials being too loud and doing too many loads of laundry. (I know, right?!?!)

I have to order my "commencement attire" soon - my school wears a light blue hood.

I don't *need* this degree. It will not really allow for any advancement within my position or provide a large pay raise. (In case you haven't heard, the state is having some budget cuts - so I'll just be thankful for my job for now and ask for a raise later!) But I just always had it in my mind that I was going to have a masters. I like school, I'm good at school, and it has just always been a goal for me to get this done. I put it off for a long time, but finally realized that I needed to get off my rear-end and just DO IT! So I am. And I'm almost done. The semester started today.

I think I just felt the first stirrings of excitement....

3 comments:

sarahsmile3 said...

I feel a party coming on....with a light blue theme in the decor.

Knitrageous said...

You go girl! Mine was turquoise blue. Let's see...what kind of drinks are blue? ha ha

Kristen said...

VERY impressive! Congratulations....