1.03.2012

the best of

The girl at this blog wrote this list and I loved it. I figured it was a good way to start out the year. (The post, not the habit of stealing other people's ideas.)

Best product of 2011: Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion. A friend gave it to me as a graduation present and I've worn it every day since.

Best weekend away: Tie between New Orleans and Milwaukee. I had never been to either place, and I thoroughly enjoyed my time in each city.

Best discoveries on my weekend getaways: The Chart Room in New Orleans - you can keep your $12 hurricanes... I'll go to this dive (where the door doesn't even close) and revel in the crazy locals and cheap drinks. On the other side of the coin, I will choose the tourist destination The Safe House in Milwaukee. What a treasure! You have to know the password to get in, get to watch a fascinating illusionist and can get trapped in a phone booth. Too fun.

Best new shopping addiction: Haute Look. I have spent entirely too much money on things that I really don't need.

Best new-to-me blog: One Good Thing by Jillie - I found this site through pinterest (of course) and really like it. She also does a "Sweet Deals by Jillie" site that has helped me get some actual sweet deals. (A coat for Larry for $30, regularly $160 and Cranium board game for $11 and $14 bras!)

Best concert: This is a tough call. I think I saw more music this year than I ever have before. Since I don't really want to choose, I will break it up into categories:

- Best acoustic music in a small venue: Citizen Cope.

- Best "It's a million degrees outside but I don't care because this is so much fun and I'm too busy dancing to worry about it" concert: The Railroad Revival Festival with Mumford and Sons, Edward Sharpe and OCMS.

- Best Pop Group Reunion concert: NKOTB.

- Most Memorable Night that included a Concert: The Avett Brothers

Overall best memory of 2011: Walking up my driveway, seeing balloons tied to the hanging plants and suddenly realizing that there was a surprise party going on and it was for me!

2 comments:

sarahsmile3 said...

Your graduation surprise party was fantabulous! Here's to the many good memories that 2012 is sure to produce!

Pat said...

I enjoyed your party--vicariously! It was high-time you were surprised by such wonderful party-planner/carry-outers!

And, indeed, Safe House was a don't miss excursion!