the best of

The girl at this blog wrote this list and I loved it. I figured it was a good way to start out the year. (The post, not the habit of stealing other people's ideas.)

Best product of 2011: Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion. A friend gave it to me as a graduation present and I've worn it every day since.

Best weekend away: Tie between New Orleans and Milwaukee. I had never been to either place, and I thoroughly enjoyed my time in each city.

Best discoveries on my weekend getaways: The Chart Room in New Orleans - you can keep your $12 hurricanes... I'll go to this dive (where the door doesn't even close) and revel in the crazy locals and cheap drinks. On the other side of the coin, I will choose the tourist destination The Safe House in Milwaukee. What a treasure! You have to know the password to get in, get to watch a fascinating illusionist and can get trapped in a phone booth. Too fun.

Best new shopping addiction: Haute Look. I have spent entirely too much money on things that I really don't need.

Best new-to-me blog: One Good Thing by Jillie - I found this site through pinterest (of course) and really like it. She also does a "Sweet Deals by Jillie" site that has helped me get some actual sweet deals. (A coat for Larry for $30, regularly $160 and Cranium board game for $11 and $14 bras!)

Best concert: This is a tough call. I think I saw more music this year than I ever have before. Since I don't really want to choose, I will break it up into categories:

- Best acoustic music in a small venue: Citizen Cope.

- Best "It's a million degrees outside but I don't care because this is so much fun and I'm too busy dancing to worry about it" concert: The Railroad Revival Festival with Mumford and Sons, Edward Sharpe and OCMS.

- Best Pop Group Reunion concert: NKOTB.

- Most Memorable Night that included a Concert: The Avett Brothers

Overall best memory of 2011: Walking up my driveway, seeing balloons tied to the hanging plants and suddenly realizing that there was a surprise party going on and it was for me!


sarahsmile3 said...

Your graduation surprise party was fantabulous! Here's to the many good memories that 2012 is sure to produce!

Pat said...

I enjoyed your party--vicariously! It was high-time you were surprised by such wonderful party-planner/carry-outers!

And, indeed, Safe House was a don't miss excursion!