3.18.2012

south by south WHAT

I have lots to say about my first SXSW adventure, but the first thing is that I'M TIRED!  5 days of walking, standing in line, dancing, singing along, dodging traffic, cocktails, and witnessing riff-raff makes for an exhausted Rachel.  However, I'm so glad I did it.  It really is an awesome experience.  I will definitely do it again in some form or fashion.

I did not have any up close and personal celebrity sightings unless you count Carson Daly and Brad "The Bachelor" Womack.  (side note - that dude is extremely attractive in real life.  As is his twin brother.)  But I did see some kick-@$$ shows.  (I use words like "kick-@$$" now because I have some street cred.)  I should do a whole post over the shows and include pictures, but that would require much more effort than I have right now.  A brief recap:

Fiona Apple
Sharon Van Etten
The Oh Sees
Hacienda
Alberta Cross
J Roddy Walston and the Business
Delta Spirit
Saint Motel
Milo Greene
WATERS
Citizen Cope
Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeroes
Mumford and Sons
Mike Ferris (he was on my SXSW schedule but I missed the show.... but he performed at church this morning, I'm going to count it!)

Highlight was the Delta Spirit show.  Check them out.

Now I must finish the week of chores that I've neglected.  Word to your mutha.

1 comment:

sarahsmile3 said...

I love SXSW but am so glad it's over! This lady is tired! Had a ball with you!